Volunteer positions with the Honolulu Police Department are usually in an administrative support role with duties including reception, filing, answering phones, or organizing along with other clerical duties. There are no opportunities for volunteers to work in any undercover capacity, and/or within the Narcotics/Vice Detail.
- Must be a United States Citizen, United States National, or Permanent Resident Alien.
- Must be willing to adhere/conform and conduct themselves to the highest ethical, moral, and professional standards including adhering to all laws, policies and procedures.
- Must pass a background investigation.
*Position information, additional requirements, and other specific information will be listed on the volunteer announcement.
Selection and Placement
- Selection and placement will be based on the Department's needs.
- If you would like to be notified via email when an opportunity becomes available, please submit a Volunteer Interest Card (below).
*If you are interested in our Ride-Along Program, Senior Safety Events, Neighborhood Watch and other programs, please visit our Community Programs website.
Mahalo for your interest in Volunteering for the Honolulu Police Department!